Sunday 4 April 2010

Figure Drawing

This is a 25 min digital sketch from my figure drawing class last week. After reading the blogger terms of service regarding nudity I think it is one of the few sketches from the Jam Factory classes that I will be able to post here. I am using Painter X for this sketch, which I was considering abandoning up until a few weeks ago. The natural media concept used in most of the brushes really doesn't help for realistic digital painting, but with a few minor tweaks you can start to create nice images. My first discovery was Rob's Brushes


The basic brush and blending tools are much more useful than anything shipped in painter by default. The second discovery was a simple piece of advice - avoid using the colour wheel! Just use a few swatches for your midtones, highlights, and shadows. If your stuck finding good colours a great starting point is the Flesh Tones.colors colour set shipped with painter (Color Sets->Open)

1 comment:

  1. This is great I remember the pose, I had the exact same view almost.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete